Clan UID Hangout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan UID Hangout

Come hang out at the Clan UID forum. Where gaming is what we do.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoisonX
Co-Founder / Site Designer / Admin
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 4549
Favorite Bands : Black Veil Brides, Broken Iris, Mayday Parade and Red
Favorite Games : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Warcraft III

Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception Empty
PostSubject: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:48 am

Well, I have been rather addicted to the band Motionless in White lately (along with Blink 182, but that's a completely different genre lol)
I watched their music video for their song "Immaculate Misconception" then looked up the lyrics.
It's a song written about something that barely anyone dares to write about (anyone who gets a lot of attention anyways, and Motionless in White have a pretty big fan base.
First, watch the video then read the explanation of the video / lyrics that I have typed out below.

The song is directed towards bands / artists who claim to sell music in the name of their god and then act like scum off stage. It's also directed towards people who are prejudice because they can't understand who people are and try to shove their beliefs down the throat of others (such as the protesters in the video).
It's basically a giant, heartfelt insult towards people who take what he believes and twists it to make money and then shit on everyone else. The symbolism of the thorn crown being slammed on his head is basically a reference to the biblical stories about the Roman persecution of Jesus. I have to say, even though I'm an atheist, the way he defends his beliefs is honest and true and I majorly respect him for this.

What did you guys think?
Back to top Go down

Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan UID Hangout :: General Discussion :: General Music Discussion-
Jump to: